Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Romance Books! (Oh And Happy Valentine's Day!)

                                     


This meme is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Tuesday #99: Top Ten romantic books in honor of Valentine's Day! For this list I've included both YA and NA and I also I tried to avoid adding other too known books which also deserve to be on this list, like the works of Sarah J. Maas and Leigh Brdugo. ;)


10: Uprooted by Naomi Novik: This book with elements of Fae folk and Howl's Moving Castle is a favorite! There's slow burn romance which maybe overshadowed by the magic but it's there and it's very cute!





9: Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh: One of the best books with both vampires and Angels in them, this book has an amazing strong heroine who also has her flaws and a romance strong enough to risk everything for!








8: Air Awakens by Elise Kova: Elise Kova has grown into me. I love her style, her characters and her world-building. Some might even compare her to Sarah J. Maas or Susan Dennard. Vhalla and Aldrik is one of the most tortured couples I know, but with a great plot.







7: Rhapsodic by Laura Thalassa: The cover was made by a friend of mine, author Emily Taylor and Laura Thalassa knows how to creat characters both perfect and imperfect at the same time. The romance here is veiled with secrets but it deserves so much more!






6: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern: I never understood why I was so late at reading this beauty. Maybe a book of its own genre, this story can overcross time and space for a romance which begins as a rivarly but evolves into a love beyond magic. It's beautiful and heartbreaking and worthy to be on your shelves.






5: When the moon was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore: Also one of the best surpises of 2016. I loved The Weight of Feathers by the same author, but this book with its diversity and romance and magic was one of the most colorfully written!






4: The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkoski: Of course I was going to mention this book! The angst of the series escalates in this one. Those first chapters will be scorched in my memory. And the ending is amazing!






3: Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward: I am addicted to this series. Seriously, I even hope that Mrs. War along with Karen Marie Moning will co-write one day! But I'm mentioning Blood Vow for this week because this book made me remember of romance overcoming obstacles (YES, I'm looking at you Rhage and Z) as also having a happy ending (yes, the opposite of Shadows!)






2: Newsoul series by Jodi Meadows: Ever since I've discovered Jodi Meadows's books I've dutifully followed her. But her first series will always be my precious gem. There's music, reincarnations and a love that transpires time. Not to mention THIS cover!





1: The Bronze Horseman series by Paullina Simons: Hands down THE best romance I've ever read. The love story in the beginning of the war, Stalin's Russia and an epic romance, everything in this book will always make me re-read it.






What about you? What's your favorite romantic book? Any plans for Valentine's Day?






No comments